HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (D1622000) ================================================
##### Department of the Air Force
Air National Guard Units
- ##### Open & closing dates
07/29/2019 to 08/12/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$51,440 to $66,868 per year
- ##### Appointment type
Permanent - Indefinite
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Carolina, PR 1 vacancy
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
PUERTO RICO NATIONAL GUARD AIR TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
COLA: 3.29% Duty Location: 156TH Airlift Wing, Force Support Squadron (FSS), Mu?iz ANGB, Carolina, PR
Learn more about this agency
This position require military membership in the Puerto Rico Air National Guard (PRANG). If you are not a military member of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard you must contact the ANG Recruiting and Retention Superintendent (RRS) Office at 787-###-#### Ext 1713 or 787-###-####/6740 to request a MBR. If the MBR certification is not submitted, your application will not be screened Evidence of identity must be provided to comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL 99-603).
**DUTIES** As a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (D1622000), GS-0201-9, you will to administer and accomplish functions of one or more of the following human resources programs: Career Enhancements, Customer Service, Employments, Relocations, and/or Readiness.
**Physical Demands:** Work is primarily sedentary, although some physical effort or exertion may be required in the performance of duties. There may be some episodes of light lifting or prolonged periods of standing.
**Working Environment:** Work typically involves normal risks and discomforts common to an office setting. Incumbent may be required to travel in military or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments. The incumbent's regular assignments are primarily Air National Guard technician duties; however, the incumbent may also be assigned some non-technician duties.
**INDEFINITE:**This position is advertised against a valid man-year of an employee currently on an Active Duty tour. If funding becomes available, personnel action may become permanent without further competition, upon recommendation of immediate supervisor, or may be terminated at any time by management decision.
An applicant selected for an indefinite appointment will occupy a full-time position without a specific time limitation. A technician in this type of appointment does not work towards permanent tenure and can be terminated at any time with a 30-day notice. The permanent status of a current permanent employee will not change in the event of a selection for a position that is being announced as indefinite. If a current permanent employee is selected, the position will be filled as a Temporary Promotion or a Change to Lower Grade. Employee serving under a temporary promotion may not retain a grade or rate of basic pay held during the temporary promotion. If a new hire is selected, the position will be filled as an Indefinite Appointment. For more information concerning benefits for Indefinite employees see Benefits and Other Information.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
#### Similar jobs
- Human Resources Specialists - Specialists, Human Resources
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position. - This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement. - Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. - Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. - Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement. - Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service. - Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation. - May be required to successfully complete a probationary period. - Participation in direct deposit is mandatory. - Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance within one year of appointment according to DoD Personnel Security Program Management Directives. - Loss of military membership will result in immediate loss of your full-time military technician position. - Excepted Civil Service Technicians are required to maintain a MOS/AFSC and military grade that is determined by the NGB to be compatible with the assigned technician position. - In order to achieve compatibility prior to effective date of personnel action, individual selected must be eligible for military assignment to a para/line number in one of the following AFSC 3F0X1, 3F2X1, OR 3F3X1. - Note: In order to qualify for above mentioned AFSC(s) you must comply with mandatory entry requirements contained in Air Force Enlisted Classification Directory (AFECD) or Officer Classification Directory (AFOCD), as applicable. - Individual selected for this position who is not qualified in one of the mentioned AFSC, MUST submit to HRO, before date of appointment, the correct military paperwork/application to attend the technical training school required to be AFSC Qualified. - If selectee fails to process the school application and does not successfully graduate from the school, he/she will be terminated from the technician program for failure to meet the compatibility standards and receive a 30 days notice of separation. - This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position. - Prior to appointment, incumbent's military medical record must indicate a completed and current medical physical, medical profile, and completed/cleared drug test. - Incumbent must complete the Human Resources Program education, training, and certifications for this position as identified on the qualification standards and incumbent's Individual Development Plan. - Incumbent must obtain and maintain a current Network License according to Air Force Directives, Licensing Network Users and Certifying Network Professionals.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION:** This position require military membership in the Puerto Rico Air National Guard (PRANG). If you are not a military member of the PRANG (i.e. member of the PR Army NG, civilian, active duty Airman, prior service, Airman member from another state, reservist, IRR, State Guard, etc.), you must contact the ANG Recruiting and Retention Superintendent (RRS) Office at (787) 787-###-#### extension 1713 or (787) ###-#### and request the PRANG Military Basic Requirements (MBR) Certification. If the MBR Certification is not submitted, or you do not meet the requirements to be a member of the PRANG, your application will not be screened.
**AREA OF CONSIDERATION:** Area 1 = All permanent Enlisted employees (NG T32/NG T5) within Puerto Rico Air National Guard. Area 2 = All indefinite Enlisted employees (NG T32/NG T5) within Puerto Rico Air National Guard. Area 5 = Enlisted members of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard. Area 6 = Applicants who meet all requirements to become member of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard. (If the MBR certification is not submitted, your application will not be screened.)
First round consideration will be given to Area 1 Candidates. **(All other Areas will be screened only in the event that there are no qualified or recommended Candidates)**
**To prevent a grade inversion, military rank allowed for this position will be determined at the final evaluation of the vacancy announcement considering the military rank of the supervisor.**
**Acceptance of any military technician position may cause the termination of entitlements and eligibility for all military bonuses and student loan repayments. For further information you must contact the appropriate military Education Office.**
**QUALIFICATIONS** You will lose consideration for the position if your application does not include all the information/documents requested on the vacancy announcement. The USAJOBS Resume must include a clear and detailed narrative description, in your own words, of how you met the required GENERAL and SPECIALIZED experience. **Experiences copied from a position description, vacancy announcement or other reference material constitutes plagiarism and will disqualify you from the position.** Military (part-time) service is considered as full-time experience when evaluated against the qualification requirements. The applicant is credited with actual number of months the member has been in the military provided such service is related to the position to be filled.
**GENERAL EXPERIENCE**: Experiences gained through civilian and/or military technical training schools within the human resources business programs are included as general experience qualifications. An applicant must have a validated understanding of the basic principles and concepts of the occupational series and grade.
**SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:** Must have **at least TWELVE (12) months of specialized experience** at the GS-07 level or the equivalent performing or supervising duties such as advising commanders on assigned unit human resources (HR) programs; developing internal policies and procedures governing administration of the following programs: Officer Performance Report/Enlisted Performance Report (OPR/EPR), and officer, enlisted promotions and enlisted demotions; ensuring the processing of classification/on-the-job training actions is accurate and processed in MILPDS; ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements regarding excess and over-grade assignments within the UMD and creating, maintaining and distributing the unit vacancy lists; monitoring and providing technical guidance to workers performing counseling regarding the Servicemen Group Life Insurance benefits; reviewing Line of Duty determinations for administrative accuracy, tracks progress and initiates incapacitation pay requests; developing wing readiness plans for the administration of contingencies and mobilizations; ensuring accuracy of HR data system and performs functional review of data reliability related to the relocations program.
A high school diploma or general education development (GED) diploma is required. An undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university is desired. A graduate degree from an accredited civilian academic college or from an equivalent professional military education school is optimum. **Copy of student transcripts or training certificates must be included in order to receive credit for education.** Unofficial transcripts from internet or with alterations will not be considered. To receive credit for education the information must be included in the education section of the Resume.
### Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):Customer Service and HR Technology Usage~
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Online USAJOBS Resume (mandatory) Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. Online Questionnaire.
3. PRANG MBR Certification (mandatory for civilians, active duty Airman, prior service, Airman or guard members from another state, reservist, IRR, PR State Guard, etc.); (Not required for permanent employees or traditional Airman of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard).
5. If you are a permanent employee of the PRANG/PRARNG, please submit your SF 50 with this application. (Refer to block 24 of SF 50 Tenure 1, 2 or 3)
6. Additional documentation (if required in the vacancy announcement)
Additional information is available at our web site: local intranet address or outside Internet address
**FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTATION BY THE CLOSE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE CONSIDERATION.**
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link:
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to **select your resume and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process**.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit:
### Agency contact information
### Alexandra Marrero-Rivera
PR 156th Support Force Squadron Muniz ANG Base Carolina, PR 00979 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540865800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered. Associated topics: benefit analyst, benefit specialist, compensation, compensation consultant, insurance, payroll, payroll specialist, pension, salary, specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.