The Field Director is responsible for fostering an environment that allows children, their families and the faculty to develop to their full potential while a permanent Director is not in place at the Center. The Field Director is accountable for program operation that exceeds NAEYC criteria and incorporates Bright Horizons Family Solutions mission, organizational goals, values, philosophies, and policies as well as the development of positive relationships with parents, children, families and corporate sponsors. Field Directors will review important decisions with the Regional Manager of the assigned center. Some of the major functions include assuming management of center in a temporary basis while serving as a positive representative of the organization for centers in transitional situations; establishing working relationships with faculty, parents, sponsor, while striving to get to know all the children in the center; becoming familiar with licensing regulations for each state assigned to as well as other local agencies; and providing guidance to new center director on policies as well as ensuring that the center has the Bright Horizons Family Solutions resources needed to operate. Other functions include training new faculty in payroll system, computer, Baseline Training, orientation, program initiatives, i.e. The World At Their Fingertips, Bloodborne Pathogens/ Exposure Control, First Aid and CPR.; ensuring health and safety and licensing guidelines are met as well as confirming that all inspections are current; developing action plan as well as setting and evaluating goals while gradually introducing Bright Horizons Family Solutions philosophies and policies at acquired centers. The Field Director assists with faculty recruitment and parent enrollment as appropriate.
* Proven experience as a Director or Assistant Director, Bachelors degree or above in Early Childhood Education or related field, and NY State Teaching Certification in N-6, B-2, 1-6, Special Education or School Building Leadership. Masters is preferred.
* 3-5 years of management/leadership experience
* A combination of infant, toddler or preschool teaching experience
* Well versed in NAEYC accreditation and licensing standards
* Strong leadership, supervisory and customer service skills and ability to create/maintain partnerships with families and staff
* Ability to lead staff in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum
* Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks or crisis situations effectively
* Capacity to understand and manage center financial duties
* Computer literacy
* Experience working in an inclusive work environment and managing across differences
* Must meet state educational and licensing requirements for director; additional center/school requirements may apply
and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required. Personal/Professional characteristics: needs to be flexible, outgoing, level-headed, confident, motivational and independent. Should take initiative and be a team builder.Must meet state specific requirements.Willingness to travel.
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-###-#### or ...@brighthorizons.com. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Having technical issues with your online application? Contact us at ...@brighthorizons.com or 855-###-####.
Associated topics: advertise, care, cmo, endowment, facebook, festival, major gift, market, marketplace, public
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.