Randolph, MA 02368, USA Req #1545 Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Our May Center Schools for Autism and Developmental Disabilities, and our May Center School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders offer full-day, year-round educational services to children and adolescents.
Our schools focus on building communication, social, behavioral, vocational, and academic skills. We base our programs on applied behavior analysis, or ABA, which has been shown through hundreds of scientific studies to be the most effective method to teach children and adolescents with autism and other developmental disabilities.
Our caring professionals help each child to reach his or her highest potential.
The May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in RANDOLPH, MA is looking for a FULL-TIME TEACHER ASSISTANT to work in a classroom setting providing services to adolescents with special needs. Under the direction of a Special Education Teacher, Teacher Assistants provide direct instruction to the students in the areas of academics, self-care (ADLs), and vocational tasks as well as manage challenging behaviors utilizing the principles of APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS (ABA).
In this role, you will receive extensive training in using ABA to work with our students and will learn to implement a student s social, behavioral, and academic programs.
Teacher Assistants have the opportunity to participate in research studies and will work closely with behavior analysts and licensed teachers. This position is a great stepping stone towards pursuing an advanced degree in behavior analysis, psychology, or special education and May Institute will work with you to help you achieve your goals.
* Apply age and population-specific competencies
* Implement programs and behavior support plans as written
* Document student progress through data collection
* Assist with personal care
* Manage behavioral crises
* Document critical incidents
* Provide transportation of students within the community as required
* Implement program safety protocols
* Bachelor s degree in a related field preferred
* Previous special education or human services experience strongly preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis a plus
* Valid US Driver's License preferred
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.