To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day. EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Summary: The Mid-Level Provider- Lead will provide clinical and administrative support for Physician Associates and Nurse Practitioners in the assigned section or department. The Mid-Level Provider- Lead will also work clinically to supplement the activities of the other Mid-Level providers as needed. The Mid-Level Provider- Lead will report to the HVC PA/NP Manager. Administrative responsibilities will be approximately 20% of position, with Clinical duties approximately 80% of position depending upon the needs of the section or department. Responsibilities:
1. 1. Works with medical and administrative supervisors in reviewing applications, interviewing and hiring of candidates. Coordinate interviewing process/selection of new staff
1. 2. Orients new Mid-Level providers and assists new staff with integration into the team. Facilitates new employee training relative to daily responsibilities
1. 3. Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the team. Develops and audits standards of care and quality measures for the team.
1. 4. Assists Mid-level providers in becoming proficient with procedures in area(s) of specialty.
1. 5. Assists supervising physician with chart review of mid-level providers
1. 6. Facilitates *career ladder progression for eligible Mid-Level providers
1. 7. Coordinates schedules for Mid-Level Providers and assures back-up coverage balancing departmental needs with Mid-level providers' PTO requests and CME requirements.
1. 8. Assists with off-hours administrative coverage on a rotating basis with mid-level team members as assigned by the manager.
1. 9. In collaboration with the supervising physicians and the administrative supervisor, prepares performance evaluation forms and assists with performance evaluations of individual Mid-Level providers.
1. 10. Provides information and education about Mid-Level Providers role to incoming nursing and physician staff.
1. 11. Meets with the Chief Residents about relationships with the resident services.
1. 12. Helps lead regular meetings with Mid-Level provider groups
1. 13. Supports Department leadership with mid-level related issues and matters
1. 14. Supports department leadership in Hospital operational, regulatory and quality issues as requested.
1. 15. Will assist with creation/implementation of a career ladder as well as work with individuals on their professional development.
2. 1. Ensures compliance with all YNHH policies and procedures.
2. 2. Ensures the required licensure and certifications are kept up to date and that YNHH Medical Services always has copies of current licenses and certificates.
2. 3. Assists with compliance with billing for all services/procedures performed.
2. 4. Attends administrative and clinical meetings, as required.
2. 5. Coordinates with Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance work group on issues related to mid-level providers.
2. 6. Lead/Participate in patient flow initiatives as they relate to mid-level providers and entire department flow.
2. 7. Leads/Participates in team based quality improvement and patient/customer satisfaction initiatives. Works on patient satisfaction initiatives within the team. Implements measures to aid in patient satisfaction.
2. 8. Responds to patient complaints and reports patient satisfaction concerns to Patient Relations Department and appropriate manager so that appropriate action may be taken.
2. 9. Ensures medical record documentation meets YNHH, State and Federal guidelines, clearly documenting patient diagnosis and medical information required for legal and billing purposes.
2. 10. Immediately reports any concerns about patient safety to appropriate parties.
2. 11. Ensures compliance with all Yale-New Haven Hospital patient policies and procedures for healthcare providers.
2. 12. As a healthcare provider, is responsible for reporting adverse or potential adverse events related to patient care.
2. 13. Lead/assist with deployment of new initiatives including Information Technology projects.
2. 14. Ensure compliance with completeness and timeliness of provider clinical documentation, including those aspects of the documentation that affect medication reconciliation, coding and billing.
2. 15. Participate in Department clinical QI/QA process
3. 1. Identifies information needs of team members, patients and families. Provides related teaching and education to unit staff
3. 2. Actively researches information on patient medical conditions and shares information with other team members and students.
3. 3. Participates in department and/or section educational conferences and attends Yale University School of Medicine Grand Rounds, as time permits.
3. 4. Participates in a level of continuing medical education - (CME) activity annually that improves the quality of care provided by the Service.
3. 5. Facilitate regular continuing education conference attendance as per department objectives for Mid-level providers to ensure continuing clinical competence
3. 6. Ensure Mid-Level providers competency and compliance with HIPAA, CME, regulatory and accreditation standards
3. 7. Promotes the dissemination of the newest clinical evidence in literature to improve patient care. Other information: EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree and graduation from an approved Physician Associate program required. Certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Board of Medical Examiners. EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years of related experience in the specialty area of assignment in a hospital environment. Previous administrative experience preferred. LICENSURE: Certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). SPECIAL_SKILLS: Must have excellent clinical, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, develop and lead programs, foster a positive work environment. Strong initiative and excellent leadership skills. ACCOUNTABILITY: Annual performance review by administrative supervisor with input from medical directors for administrative and clinical responsibilities. Accountable for conducting accurate and appropriate evaluation, care, and coordination of care of medicine inpatients. Accountable for performance of all administrative tasks assigned. COMPLEXITY: May assist Attending physicians in all aspects of patient care, including interactions with other services involved in the care of inpatients, outpatients and Emergency Department. Works with administrative and medical supervisors on special projects as assigned. All administrative responsibilities performed with professionalism, independently and with minimal supervision. Problem solves utilizing available resources efficiently. PHYSICAL_DEMAND:
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care unit, domiciliary, hospice, intensive, intensive care, maternal, nurse, registered nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.